Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Snooze Button Shenanigans

Let me set the scene for you.

I was skipping through a wildflower filled meadow...everywhere I looked was the beauty of nature.  Colorful flowers...trees gently swaying in the wind...the sky an absolutely gorgeous shade of blue...puffy clouds slowly forming into shapes...and the smell of sweet honeysuckle was all around me.  In a distance, I see what looks like a box.  As I get closer, I realize it is a small refrigerator.  Weird, but go with me here.  I skip on over to the fridge, open the door, and WHAM....filled to the brim with nothing but ice cold Diet Mt. Dew!!  I must be in Heaven, I just know it.  What in the world have I done to possibly deserve all of this fabulousness???  Who knows?  And truly, who cares?  I mean, I have nothing but sunshine and Diet Mt. Dew...so I grab some Dew and run.

I'm not sure where I was running to, but I just know it was lovely.  My eyes were filled with beauty, and my hands with cold refreshing Dew.  Oh, in a distance I see a human figure...and as I get closer, I can see that it is of the male species...is it my hubs?  Luke Bryan?  Channing Tatum?  I must run faster to see...then...out of the blue...

BUZZ...BUZZ...BUZZ...

Crap, that stupid alarm is going off!!!  Right when the Diet Dew was about to get acquainted with the male species in the distance!!!

Crap.

No problem, I will just simply do a quick roll over, one strategic swat with my hand, and smack that little tiny snooze button and buy myself 9 more sweet minutes in that meadow.

Oh yeah, I'm going to have my own personal Dew Fest just as soon as I fall back into that deep slumber that my stupid alarm so rudely interrupted!  It's on...

So, back at the meadow, I am stomping on all of the wild flowers as I run towards the shadow of a man.  I am so excited to see who it is!  The Diet Dew is flowing, and my feet have never moved faster, or more purposeful.  Oh look! I think I can finally make out who it is....just a little closer, and...

BUZZ...BUZZ...BUZZ...

Crap, the snooze is over.  Who was that man?

Crap.

My dream has come to an official end.

However, I do have cold Diet Mt. Dew in my fridge...


Here's what I know:

1.  Dreams are sometimes good.

2.  Alarm clocks have terrible timing (most of the time).

3.  Diet Mt. Dew is ALWAYS good.

4.  Snooze buttons are awesome.

5.  It is amazing how you can perfectly hit that snooze button in the complete darkness, with one swat of your hand, with your eyes still closed, and your body half asleep.


Wishing you detergent dreams,
-the Laundry Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment