Friday, June 13, 2014

Imaginary Margaritas

You know the saying, "If you can't go to Mexico, then just bring Mexico to you!"?

Well, I don't know it either, because I just totally made that mess up...but go along with me here.  

My dear neighbors have decided to add on a sunroom to the front of their house, AND a new deck.  I'm probably just as excited as they are.  I mean, I can't afford a sunroom, but the fact that I get to live so close to someone who can, well, that just makes me happy.  And, maybe when they are gone out of town, I can slip on over and enjoy that new deck...I'm sure my neighbors won't mind a bit.  And, as long as I have a lookout at the intersection down the street (to alert me of the goings and comings of my neighbors) then no foul, no harm, right?  

Maybe.

This morning, I awoke to the most lovely of sounds.  Construction has officially began!!   It was that of saws cutting through 2 x 4's, and the wonderful sounds of the air compressor...and then an occasional hammer bang.  Ahh, the sounds of progress!!  I love it!  This means I am one day closer to sitting on my new de-....I mean...my neighbors new deck.  

Beyond the sounds of the hard working construction crew, I could hear the unmistakable sounds of Mexican music....yeah baby!!!  It was a full fledge Mexican throw down going on next door with power tools!!!  I couldn't understand a word of the music, but it certainly made me feel like I had fallen smack dab into the world of an instant fiesta.  I mean, slap on a sombrero and call me "Rosita" because this chick was in Heaven for sure.  That kind of Heaven that is present south of the boarder...margaritas, Coronas, pinatas, chips and salsa...could they really be having such fun??

Maybe.

I quickly made my way downstairs to get a peek at all of this construction fiesta stuff that was surely going down next door...and I was right!  There was definite happiness all over those worker's faces.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact I was in my jammies, and perusing around my own deck gazing over at their progress.   The looked happy, but there was no margaritas...no Coronas...even no chips and salsa!!!  They were totally partying with that music though.  I'm going to be honest with you when I say that the Duwalt construction radio is going to give Bose a run for their money one day.  When that happens, I am going to say, "I told you so!"  They were rocking it out...and it was a beautiful thing to watch.  It was as if they were working to the beat of the music.  Those workers from the south surely know how to entertain people with their skills.  I hope they come back tomorrow to work...and bring me some authentic food from their house...like some enchiladas...or a chalupa...or maybe even some fresh tacos de carne asada...you think they take orders?

Maybe.

Anyway, this is how I spent my morning.  I sat out on my deck and closed my eyes.  I "pretended" I had gone on vacation to Mexico.  Since I already live on a river, surely it wouldn't take me much imagining to get me to Mexico.   I imagined I was on some secluded island down off of the coast of Cancun, and the "locals" were playing live music behind me at some fabulous little bar that has unlimited margaritas.  It was so vivid I could almost feel the warm, white sand beneath my feet, and running between my toes.  The waves were crashing and the sun was kissing my skin...that fabulous sea breeze was blowing through my hair and cooling me down.  In a distance I could see a cabana boy heading in my direction with one of those fresh "bottomless" margaritas...


Just as it was getting good, and my imagination was starting to get really out of control...it was time for my little construction friends to take a lunch break.  And they had the nerve to turn off that fabulous Mexican music.  Seriously???

Crap.

My getaway to Cancun came to a screeching halt.  Now, the only thing I could hear was the sound of my dryer buzzing to tell me it was time to fold clothes again.  

We all know it is "No Fold Friday" around here...so, do you think I folded any clothes???

Maybe.

XOXO,
the Laundry Fairy ;)

....

No comments:

Post a Comment