Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's Summer Break Eve...Seriously!!

Greetings to you my fellow laundry engineers...this day has finally come!!

It happens every single year...the 179th day of school is finally over!!  It's the official "Summer Break Eve" around my house, and we couldn't be happier.  Sure, the crumb snatchers are happy, but I am seriously thrilled.

Seriously.


You see, I enjoy having my little people home!!  It makes me a little sad to watch them pile out of the truck in the mornings and walk into the doors of the school.  I love it when occasionally one of them will actually look back, give me a grin, a wave, or even blow a kiss (only my girls do this) to me.  It is sweet, and I try not to take those moments for granted.  It is very apparent that my children are growing at an alarming rate...and it kind of makes me sad.  Who am I kidding, really sad.

Seriously.


So, at this very moment, the three little people that totally own my heart are safe, and snug, and happy...and enjoying a movie as the rain pours down outside.  These are the times that I LOVE the most.  "Johnny Cash" is sprawled out on the couch.  Just looking at him makes me nostalgic these days.  You see, he will be turning twelve in just 3 days...Lord have mercy!!!  How did that happen.  I can remember him as an infant, swaddled all up, and laying in the crack between the cushions on the couch...and I'm not joking when I say it seems like about 6 months ago.  Now he takes up the entire length of the couch, and when he gets up and leaves the room, the scent of Axe is left in his path.  Oh, how I love THAT boy!!!!

Seriously.


My middle child, "Chatty Cathy" is curled up in the recliner...her dirty little feet thrown over the arm ever so perfectly.  You see, the first thing she does when she gets out of school is kick off her shoes, and freely runs around the yard, leaving a complete dust trail.  She is my adventurer, my cuddle bug, and one of the best friends you will ever have...she truly has never met a stranger.  She loves to play hard and rest even harder, lol.  This little gem will be 10 in August...I can't even fathom that she will be in the double digits.  Say it isn't so!!!  I sure do love THAT girl!!!

Seriously.


My youngest child, "Olive Oil" is actually the second half of my middle child.  You see, this little sweetie is what I like to call my "bonus baby."  My hubs and I really hit the jackpot with our second pregnancy, because we got the best gift ever...twins!!  As we are hanging out watching the movie, she makes a perfect "nest" in the floor...blankets, pillows, and more blankets!!  This child is full of wit, and she cracks me up on a daily basis.  She is the smallest by stature and weight, but surely eats the most...she can even out eat my son.  It is unbelievable.  As she sits, surrounded by a big bag of chips...and has already informed me she would be eating ice cream when she finishes those.  I absolutely love THAT girl!!!

Seriously.


So, tomorrow is the BIG day...it's the final day of school.  I am going to attempt to spare my children any unnecessary embarrassment by breaking out in song and dance in the carpool line tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not going to make any promises.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.  What I can promise you is that this Summer vacation will rock...we will stay up late...we will have bon fires...we will travel...we will see new things and new places...we will eat new things...we will meet new people...we will make some awesome memories.

Seriously.


Here's what I know:

1.  If you feed children, they will grow at an alarming rate...so I suggest maybe an every other day feeding schedule (just kidding!!!)

2.  If your son insists on wearing Axe body spray and or deodorants, you must insist that they keep it to one single scent at the time.  

3.  Too many different scents of Axe worn on a body at once will indeed give you a headache (see #2 above).

4.  The days are long, but the years are short...no kidding....enjoy your kids if you are blessed enough to have them. 

Love,
The Laundry Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment