Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Reclaiming the Fridge

So, I find myself in the middle of the kitchen, just praying that what I uncover won't lead me into a raging fit of the dry heaves.  What lies behind those tightly closed doors is a mystery.  A mystery I must face alone, because no one else in my family has the guts to take it on.  It must be reclaimed...immediately.

I have reached the point of no return and have decided to just take on the fridge head on.  No more distractions, no more excuses...just jump right in.  The dreaded clean out of the refrigerator has GOT to be done.  And unfortunately, I am the one that has to do it.  

Let's be honest with one another...it's a little daunting mixed with a lot of scary.

Anyway, I suck it up...I open the door...


And this is what I saw...




I don't really remember the last time I honestly did it without any hesitation...without giving it any forethought first.  I'm a planner by nature...so this sudden urge to clean out the fridge kinda caught me by surprise.  

I forged on...


  
I don't even remember what the circumstances were that led me to the disturbing sights and smells of this inevitable catastrophe that lays before me.  Maybe it was the fact I couldn't locate my coffee creamer this morning...or that Chatty Cathy had to take out 5 things just to reach the milk.  All I know is it is time for a clean out.  I'm a little frightened about what I may actually uncover, but still... 


I forge on...




I cleaned out that nasty refrigerator.  I showed it who is boss in this kitchen.  Sure, when I uncovered those aluminum foil laden dishes, I heaved...I put my nose in the collar of my t-shirt...and I maybe even threw up a little in my mouth, BUT I got it done.  I found leftovers that I couldn't even  identify. Some stuff I couldn't even imagine eating the first time...that smell!!! 

Was it...pasta?...chicken?...penicillin?...




In the end, it was totally worth it.  Wow, I even found my coffee creamer...and my whipped cream cheese!!! This calls for a full blown celebration of sorts. Perhaps I will brew a cup of coffee and sip it as I revel in my masterpiece!!!


BUT WAIT...

There is just one thing that is missing.  The fridge just wouldn't be the same without my little friends inside.



There...that's MUCH better!!! 

xoxo,
-the Laundry Fairy

1 comment: